goose tree recognition is a blog about dreams

This blog is named for the Welsh word, gwydd (pronounced "gweethe" or "goo-eethe"). On it I write dreams I've had, as snatched from my dream journal. I make as few edits as possible, but will change language to clarify or add content as I remember it. Parentheses are side notes that are in the journal. Square braces indicate notes added for the blog.

December 19, 2005, 2:30pm, Bs.As. Argentina

Between the last entry and this one I must have read something about how to keep a proper journal: details are the thing. Story arc means almost nothing, but the color of the floor you're standing on! That's the thing! It's still pretty ambiguous, and the scenery is meaningless to anyone who wasn't there. I can remember now that the color of the air was yellow as I walked out of the school, but I think it cleared away as the dream went on.

This one was written a few hours after landing in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I took a nap in the apartment where I stayed and when I woke up, I had to start writing. Although it's scary stuff and I cried in it, I wouldn't call this a nightmare.

All manner of emotions can find you in a dream, but for a nightmare you have to have that ambiguous, all encompassing, hollow, anxious terror and it has to be definitive and absolute. You have to be invested in the outcome. This one was more about sadness and perhaps guilt.

I can't remember any dream I've had as a developed consciousness that I would call a nightmare. I think some part of me always knows I'm dreaming, which'll really ease the anxiety. The outcome is just a matter of fact I don't know yet.

At Pioneer HS - don't know where I was going on the inside, but I think something about the auditorium. I walked outside by the school flagpole and some people were watching the sky. A jet flew by, trailed by a jumbo jet, both pulling a high-g maneuver. Everyone yelled about how a jumbo jet can't do that. I saw something snap as it disappeared over the school. We all saw the plane fall behind the school and our view was blocked as we heard it explode. I imagined people inside fighting a terrorist to bring down the plane and I started to cry.

I saw another plane diving and explode without flames over a white office building where in real life, the football stadium (Pioneer's, not Michigan's) is. It completely vaporized without flames (it looked like a splash of water on the ground that quickly evaporated) and I thought about all the people who had just died.

Next plane was flying from downtown direction and pitched down into the building. I heard it crash and said "wasn't that the auditorium?" Immediately after, people began running out the front door and I turned around to see another plane flying toward me, but overhead. It rolled over and pulled up toward the ground, hitting 50ft before me. I was hit by the wing and I tried to jump over it. I had to let myself fall and hope, fairly certain I would be crushed and smeared. I landed right next to a curb and the wing went right over me and so did the elevator.

Suddenly I was part of a TV commercial. Under a car in a marsh/swamp was a dog fetching a stick. He began surfing and I marked the measured values of the locations of his feet on the surfboard. I was very excited when I saw that two were exactly aligned at ".16".

No comments:

Post a Comment