goose tree recognition is a blog about dreams

This blog is named for the Welsh word, gwydd (pronounced "gweethe" or "goo-eethe"). On it I write dreams I've had, as snatched from my dream journal. I make as few edits as possible, but will change language to clarify or add content as I remember it. Parentheses are side notes that are in the journal. Square braces indicate notes added for the blog.

Latvia July 20, 2006

I just skimmed over the rest of this journal. To my surprise I only wrote down about two dreams. Ah, well.

I just barely forgot my dreams last night, but our stay was pleasant. We're staying in a family friend's apartment in a part of the city about 15 minutes from Vecriga (veh-ehtz-ree-ga).

I'm in Old Riga now in front of Sv. Petera Basnicas [I don't have the vowel bars]. It was built with a wooden tower with a beautiful structure, which the Russians burned down. It has since been rebuilt of steel with an elevator for tourists. The view is quite something; I don't blame us.

It turns out that Riga was founded in 1201. It made me think that the age of my country makes us feel more significant.

A homeless person walked up to me and Ivars and pointed to her mouth and her sign that I couldn't read.

In the market in a "Konvent" marketplace, Ladymama walked up to a stand with amber jewelry. I feared that she was shopping for me or mom, so I had to check. I can't show any interest in anything or there is a chance she'll buy it for me. She has a heart of gold, I think, but misplaced intentions. The amber stand lady, wearing a lightweight black shawl/shirt in the intense sun said something to us in Latvian and "good luck" to me. We departed for a place called "Double Coffee" where we were given menus with the size and feel of a glossy newspaper.

We ate at a restaurant where the music selection made me feel all young, old, superior and foolish. They had menus in Latvian and English and their translations were hilarious. "His Majesty Caesarian Salad" "Happy Salmon Soup." Due to a slip-up earlier in which I revealed to Ladymama that I will eat chicken when pressed, she would not leave me alone. She told me I had circles under my eyes and that she was worried about me and all this topical nonsense about vitamin b12. I argued back. It was a rather awkward situation for Ivars and Inese. She conveniently forgot that I personally do eat some animal proteins, but I rather enjoyed the argument, I'm ashamed to say, so I withheld this information. Ladymamaa then told us all several stories, some in english, for which Ivars' sister had to pretend to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment