goose tree recognition is a blog about dreams

This blog is named for the Welsh word, gwydd (pronounced "gweethe" or "goo-eethe"). On it I write dreams I've had, as snatched from my dream journal. I make as few edits as possible, but will change language to clarify or add content as I remember it. Parentheses are side notes that are in the journal. Square braces indicate notes added for the blog.

Wednesday, December 29 (labeled 2004)

This one is labeled 2004, but is at the end of a series of December 2005 dreams. I don't feel like verifying my facts, so let's just assume I traveled through time.

Writing at 7:45pm, ~10 hours after waking.

I remember lots of darkness. Sky black, water black... The only light seemed to be from cracks in the stone. I was in a deep valley with water below and vertical walls of black stone. I must have been flying because I glided up from under a bridge onto a pointed cliff guarded by a possibly headless demon-man in huge black armor. Cracks came up more and in them was more laval, not coming out, just being hot and lighting. Behind the man was a house, somewhat Japanese in design. All black.

Now the cracks were defining edges of small squares. My desire was apparently to own or control these regions somehow. Oozing from the center of each was a small orange glob with a face in it. I looked up and touched a few - seeing Saddam Hussein and a couple other faces of evil men. They may have been lost souls.


Achieving lucidity was the initial goal of keeping a journal. What I learned from the process was that lucidity is ok, but remembering the second half of your life is the real reason to do the work. Because I was so excited this time, I wrote really sparse notes about it.

As dreams do, this one changed dramatically. I was no in some sort of courtyard with my friend, Momo, leaning on a wall with bushes and windows opposite us [20 feet away]. I think things were still black or at least all gray. I walked to a familiar door. Entering it, I noticed that the designs on the outside were of the wrong colors. I verbally stated this and looked back. Now they were right. At this point I became lucid. [Because I was excited] I had to spin twice to maintain lucidity. [It helped.] The apartment inside was laid out like Ladymama and Papoman's condo (though I didn't recognize this in the dream). Someone was at the kitchen entry but I ignored them... [I went into a room where Papoman's workshop should have been and really noticed I was lucid. Everything was in a blue fog. [I spun, but it wasn't enough to keep me sleeping.]

No comments:

Post a Comment